Reports to: Head of Strategic Partnerships
Years of Experience: 3+
Location: Los Angeles (work-from-home)
The Influencer Marketing industry has grown from $500M in 2013 to $7B in 2018 and we’re here to make sure marketers invest their time and money wisely. Julius is the leading influencer research, talent management, and campaign analytics platform. We empower enterprise brands, advertising agencies, PR firms and media conglomerates to run influencer marketing in-house with our beautifully designed, data comprehensive platform. Founded in 2015, our clients span across 3 continents and we’re looking for passionate, entrepreneurial-minded go-getters to help us achieve our mission of being the industry’s standard SaaS solution for influencer marketing.
About the Position:
We are looking for entrepreneurial, professionally mature, and results oriented Business Development Managers to scale the Julius business. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone that enjoys autonomy as an individual contributor and wants a voice in company strategy and direction.
As a Sales Director, you will be expected to operate with integrity and diligence while you look to prospect, pitch, and close annual software subscriptions. You will be selling to marketing professionals operating in PR, Social Media, Content Marketing, and/or Analytics functions. Our target accounts consist of enterprise level brands, ad agencies, and media companies. As a member of the team, you will be expected to actively participate in team and company strategy discussions, providing feedback from prospects and clients to help inform the trajectory of the company and sales process.
Full Scope of Responsibilities:
- Prospect, pitch, and close qualified accounts within your designated account region
- Effectively manage your pipeline so you consistently meet your quarterly quota
- Present product demonstrations to qualified prospects in-person or over Google Hangout video & shared screens
- Maintain an accurate pipeline within Salesforce
- Create proposals that are aligned with our pricing guidelines and capabilities
- Discover and nurture new opportunities by effectively networking at industry conferences
- Contribute meaningful feedback and insights in team meetings
- Work collaboratively with our sales research associates who will assist you in pulling email addresses and research on prospective accounts.
Relevant Experience and Skills:
- 3+ years B2B sales experience
- Excellent listening, time management, and interpersonal communication skills
- Thrives in fast-paced startup environment
- Knows how to hustle and isn’t afraid of the phone or in-person meetings
- Competitive, goal-oriented, and passionate
- Understanding of the advertising/marketing landscape
- Sales experience with a SaaS based product
- Self-aware. You are open to coaching and want to develop in your career
- Proficient user of Salesforce a plus
- Process-oriented and ability to make data driven decisions
- Experience working and communicating with executive level
- Strong communication, presentation, and networking skills, both in person and Web-based
- Critical thinker / solution oriented
- Enthusiastic team player with accountability and determination
- Motivated in cultures of learning and thought leadership
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, growing environment