Position: Business Development Manager
Location: San Francisco, New York, or Boston (Work-from-home)
Reports to: SVP of Sales or Head of Strategic Partnerships (depending on location)
About the Position:
We are looking for entrepreneurial, professionally mature, and results oriented sales people to scale the Julius business. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone that is looking to continue growing their career in sales while learning how to be a part of a start-up in a fast-growing industry. As a Business Development Manager, you will be expected to operate with integrity and diligence while you look to prospect, pitch, and close annual software subscriptions. You will be selling to marketing professionals operating in PR, Social Media, Content Marketing, and/or Analytics functions. Our target accounts consist of brands, ad agencies, and media companies. As a member of the team, you will be expected to reach your activity goals, maintain a full, up-to-date pipeline in Salesforce, provide product feedback from prospects, and consistently hit your quarterly sales targets.
Full Scope of Responsibilities:
- Prospect, pitch, negotiate, and close qualified accounts within your designated account region
- Effectively manage your pipeline so you consistently meet your quarterly quota
- Present product demonstrations to qualified prospects in-person or over Zoom
- Maintain an accurate pipeline within Salesforce
- Create proposals that are aligned with our pricing guidelines and capabilities
- Discover and nurture new opportunities by effectively networking at industry conferences
- Contribute meaningful feedback and insights in team meetings
- Work collaboratively with our sales research associates who will assist you in pulling email addresses and research on prospective accounts.
Relevant Experience and Skills:
- 2+ years sales experience
- Excellent listening, time management, and interpersonal communication skills
- Thrives in fast-paced startup environment
- Knows how to hustle and isn’t afraid of cold calling / cold emailing / prospecting
- Trustworthy - you respond to emails with urgency, provide accurate answers, ask people for help when you don’t know the answer and meet deadlines.
- Competitive, goal-oriented, and passionate.
- Understanding of the advertising/marketing landscape a plus
- Sales experience with a SaaS based product is a plus
- Self-aware and coachable - you want to be successful and take feedback well
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Process-oriented and ability to make data driven decisions
- Strong communication, presentation, and networking skills, both in person and Web-based
- Critical thinker / solution oriented
- Enthusiastic team player with accountability and determination
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, growing environment